Monday, January 09, 2006

Life is kickin' my .....

Just kidding! I have felt like that off & on this past week. I'm sure a lot of it is the struggle to get back into our routine. I had a hard time getting laundry done, sorting the mail, having a dinner plan, just general staying ahead of the game. And to top it off, from out of nowhere, suddenly I began to go through friend withdrawal! Ha! I'm the kind of person that most big social situations are draining and I usually only do one a week or several small things. I can handle tea with a friend 3 times a week or 1 football party. This week I did several small things, recouped from our New Year's party, a football party, plus dinner w/ kids at a friend's house (they have kids too.) And all of a sudden on Saturday night, we looked at each other & said, "should we have someone over?" What has come over me? Or am I avoiding my chores (wink, wink)? At least this week I'm starting in a better place. The laundry is done (except for whites) and the kitchen is mostly squared away. One of these days I will get super inspired & clean the crazy corner of my bedroom, but not today. :)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I can totally relate, I definately have those moments as well! Right now I'm just struggling to scrape up the energy to pack my boxes. And I get one or two packed and then have to sit down because my legs are really starting to feel the pregnancy! Oh well, I guess it will get done!

birthfree said...

I just had the same feeling today... (of having life kick my hiney). I miss my friends too (and my best friend his having her baby next Tues. so it'll be a while before I see her again - she'll be maxed with her family)... but my energy is so low I'm having a hard time taking the first step. I went to a movie on Friday night and about keeled over asleep before it started (at 7:30). I can't win!
: )
~julie

Tickers