Thursday, June 23, 2005

Non-Dairy main dishes

Since having Nina, I have been on a non-dairy diet. It's healthier for me (I have a milk sensitivity anyway) and she is less fussy. But it's been really hard to give up a lot of the main dishes I used to make. Many of them were a white sauce or called for a cream of ** soup. So, as a reminder to myself that there are other dishes out there, here they are...

Burritos or Tacos (build your own, so cheese is optional)
Pork fried rice/Chicken fried rice
Tuna sandwiches
Teriyaki chicken & rice
Sweet & Sour anything & rice
Spaghetti
Pancakes/Waffles
Omelettes (again, they're individual so those who want cheese can have it)
Chicken Italian Wrap (chicken caesar salad with a twist)
Barbecued chicken with rice pilaf
Oven-fried or baked chicken with baked potatoes
Chicken Kiev also with baked or mashed potatoes

I'm kind of out of ideas right now. Most recipes I usually like for the crock pot have cream cheese or milk. My husband's favorite is a simple hamburger casserole with cream of mushroom soup & tater tots. Oh well, no can do. Pizza, our absolute favorite, is also just about impossible to do without cheese. If anyone has some good ones, I'd love to hear it.

No comments:

Tickers