Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Pondering Again

So I'm continuing to ponder the issues surrounding being a hostess and a guest. So now I'm browsing etiquette pages to try and find answers. Hmmm. Last night I was a dinner guest at the home of people I didn't know personally, only through others. I was nervous and uncomfortable to start but meeting the hosts helped, and of course time. When I left I had questions circling my brain again & again like airplanes waiting to land in the fog. Did I thank them for the invitation? Did I complement the cook? Several people offered to hold the baby - did I accept their offer graciously or did I come across as an overprotective mom who won't let anyone hold the baby? (Although I did let several people help.) One thing I know I want to train my children is to properly RSVP. Right now I try to respond the day I get an invitation or, if I truly don't know, set a reminder in Outlook for a week before the date. Since I started setting reminders I haven't forgotten to call. So something works.
Hmmmm. Pondering, pondering. I'm throwing a party later this week & I'm already nervous about being the hostess again. I have a to-do list and a to-buy list and I hope I don't forget something. Cake, citronella candles just in case it's nice, card/gift, drinks, utensils, atmosphere, clean the house, etc. It's the etc. that is bothering me. Last minute things will happen and are unavoidable. But I like to try!
This one was fun: http://www.etiquettehell.com/

No comments:

Tickers