Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Sleep Issues - Mine!

Ugh, I can't believe I didn't see this pattern, but I am not sleeping well!  I've been blaming it on the kids, on someone being sick, cold, or waking up with a nightmare.  But I'm actually waking up on my own and unable to go back to sleep.  Last night I went to bed at 10:30 pm, fell asleep a little after 11 pm doing my usual sleep routine.  But then I woke up at 1 am.  And couldn't go back to sleep.  Just laying there.  Heart running too fast, but no thoughts or worries going through my head.  I was physically comfortable but had to work very hard to slow down my breathing & heart.  I wonder if the extra Sudafed I took during the day was part of that.  But it was a little 4 hour dose and I took it at 4 pm.  I lay there awake (or sleeping only small bursts) until 3 am when I finally fell asleep again.  I tried to do my sleep routine at 2 and did fall asleep but not for long.  Sometime after 3 (that was the last time I checked the clock) I finally fell asleep and stayed asleep until 6:30 am.  Sheesh.  You'd think I had a newborn...

No comments:

Tickers