Thursday, July 08, 2010

Sleep = patience, kind of

What a night of restful sleep will do!  I took Unisom as I went to bed last night, did the usual routine and was out almost the whole night.  I woke once or twice to see who was kicking me (Nina) but quickly returned to sleep.  I can already see I'm  more patient this morning than yesterday.  Not enough, but more.  Another thing that is helping my outlook today is knowing that I have help coming.  My sitter will be here from 10-1 so I can get a haircut, buy a few groceries & hit the post office.  Yesterday was challenging from beginning to end.  I was too tired to be a stickler about rules & obedience, which of course backfires and makes everything worse.  I blew up at them at lunch time (low blood sugar and lack of sleep don't help the situation) and had to reap my own consequences.  There is so zero fresh food in the house so I HAVE to buy something but couldn't get out yesterday.  It was non-stop in a chill kind of way.  The kind of way that says "we aren't leaving the house, but we are quite busy."  So glad I get to do a few things BY MYSELF.  Just knowing that is making this morning go better.

No comments:

Tickers