Monday, August 23, 2010

Recap of Week 2-3

We went on vacation to California & stayed with friends for the entire week.  A few days before we left I began to not sleep very well - needing to take Tylenol PM about 10 pm most nights.  When we got there it was much worse.  I was waking up at 1 and staying awake for a long time.  One night I slept 11-1 am and 4-6 am.  I couldn't get comfortable but even if I could I was unable to sleep.  The Tylenol PM wasn't helping.  I took it at bedtime - roughly 10:30 pm and still woke up at 2 am.  So another night I took it at 2 am when I woke up, but still found it hard to truly sleep.  My breathing was fast - too fast for sleep - and I couldn't talk myself into breathing slower.

I called my doctor's office on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday - no response. 
On Wednesday I took my pill at lunch instead of breakfast.  Thursday I took it at dinner.  Friday I took it at 8 pm.  Saturday I took it at bedtime.  Thursday I woke up at 2 am but was able to get back to sleep.  Friday I woke briefly at 5 am.  Saturday I slept through the night, or until AJ got up which was at 5:30 am Sunday morning!

I don't really like this switch to taking it at night.  Yes, I enjoy sleeping.  But now I have just average energy.  I really really liked having lots of energy late in the day when everyone else was lagging.  Now I wake up with average energy and make it through the day like that.  Not awesome.  Not what it used to be.  But it's okay and it's still better than I was without it.

No comments:

Tickers